Friday, February 6, 2009

VSTS Check-in: Internal error in Changeset Comments Policy

I recently rebuilt my machine, and while using Visual Studio Team System 2008, I was getting Policy not met errors every time I wanted to do a Check-in into our TFS source control environment, regardless of the fact that I was consistently meeting all the policies.

I blatantly ignored the issue for several days, until it became a true nuisance to be overriding the check-in policies every time. Here are the two errors I was getting consistently:

Policy Failures:

  • Internal error in Changeset Comments Policy
  • Internal error in Custom Path Policy

Solution:
Assuming you have Visual Studio Team System 2008, install the Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Foundation Server Power Tools - October 2008 Release. You do not need to install the optional components (PowerShell, etc...). And this works for both x86 and x64 OS versions.
You must restart Visual Studio to see the changes reflected.

Happy coding.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

True love doesn't happen right away; it's an ever-growing process. It develops after you've gone through many ups and downs, when you've suffered together, cried together, laughed together. See the link below for more info.

#gone
www.inspgift.com